Course Update

The course will be closed for the entire week.

Competition Update

Rounds 1 and 2 of the Women’s Championship has been postponed. The Women’s Match committee will make a decision Tuesday as to when they will be played. 

The postponed Mens April Monthly Medal to be played Saturday June 15 if the course is available.

Vets Championship postponed to June 24.

4 thoughts on “Course Update

  1. I know we can’t control the weather but a little disappointed when play is available on other courses in our region. Also, preference seems to be given to the Saturday comp as a starting point when weather event has occurred, yet many members play comp/ social during the week. I will be considering whether I will pay the increased fees for the new membership year.

    1. Thanks Peter. As always I am reporting on information given to me by the greenkeeper. It has nothing to do with Saturday. In fact he is unsure if play will be available even then. Jamberoo Golf Club is unfortunately situated on a flood plain and is susceptible to flooding especially if several heavy rains occur close together as they have done this year. The ground can’t take any more water and the rainwater flows into the creeks and then overflows back to our course. We are not allowed to build up the banks. Did you know that this time that little bridge on the 6th hole was destroyed?
      Most courses in the Illawarra have been hit hard by the weather with Gerringong, the Grange, Port Kembla, The Links and Wollongong also closed at least for some time. Indeed some have been lucky because of their location on top of sand or steep slopes.
      It would be a shame to see you leave.

    1. Thanks Peter. I’m not sure of any plans but will let the membership know as soon as I find out. Cheers!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *